Jessica joined the company in 2004 and has provided her historic preservationist expertise on numerous redevelopment project across Portland. In addition to her project management role, she offers historic tax credit and design review consulting to other local developers and architecture firms. Jessica holds degrees in architectural history, historic preservation, and community and regional planning. She also meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Historic Preservation Professional Qualifications Standards.
Jessica’s education background and work experience allow her to provide clients with a wide range of services. She has particular expertise with the following:
- Providing development feasibility analysis, project coordination, and design guidance for complex historic redevelopment projects
- Depth of knowledge in local, state and federal design review processes and negotiation, including successful approval of fourteen Historic Tax Credit applications since 2004 and multiple Type 3 land use reviews in Portland
- Nominating commercial properties to the National Register of Historic Places
- Ten years of experience in project management, budgeting, and financial structuring for historic redevelopment projects
- Experience in closing Historic and New Markets Tax Credit debt and equity transactions
Jessica was a Commissioner on the Portland Historical Landmarks Commission from 2011-2016 and was appointed by the Governor to the Oregon Historic Assessment Review Committee in 2012. Additionally, Jessica has been an adjunct instructor in the University of Oregon’s Historic Preservation Program, teaching Historic Preservation Economics.